Eight years ago on Feb. 17, 2013, Kids Need 2 Eat was launched by Peter and Judie Storandt, Shelley Shipman, and Sarah Johnston, MD, as a Kansas nonprofit. Subsequently the IRS granted it 501(c)(3) status.
KN2E is best known for its Kidz Summer LunchBox program, which provides free meals for children during the summer – to replace meals many eat for free at school.
Our GLOW Bus [Green Lunchroom on Wheels] takes free meals to Kidz LunchBox meal sites. In addition to free food, the LunchBox offers a range of enrichment activities to help kids have a developmentally productive summer – so help them return to school more ready to learn.
Donations are needed for Kidz LunchBox 2020. Please help celebrate its anniversary by making a donation. Here’s some ways you may consider helping.
- $20 buys four (4 @$5/each) weekend foodpacks filled with meals for kids to take home on Fridays. $100 covers the cost of 20 weekend foodpacks.
- $25 buys a box of diapers to be given away to parents who bring kids to eat who wear diapers. We anticipate needing at least 4 boxes in difference sizes.
- $50 helps pay for enrichment activities ranging from Play Dough and other crafts to outdoor activities such as jump ropes, hula hoops, Frisbees, etc.
- $65 covers the cost for a week of free lunches for parents, foster parents, and other caretakers to eat lunch with the children they bring to eat at a LunchBox meal site.
- $75 pays for one-week of diesel fuel for the GLOW Bus. $400 keeps fuel in the BUS for the whole summer.
- $80 pays for a 50-punch pool pass – so kids can swim for free after eating lunch with us on the GLOW Bus Forest Park / the local swimming pool. We anticipate needing at least four of them.
- $70 helps covers for one day the stipends paid to youth who volunteer in connection at the LunchBox through our Teen Cash Stipend Program. For most of therm, this is their first job, and an opportunity to practice important workplace skills.
- $345 supports a whole week of teen stipends. (@ $3.00/hour).
- $100 buys extra foods (soups, cereal, fresh produce, snack bars, etc.) for kids to take home after eating lunch on the GLOW Bus.
Your contribution will make an impact, whether you donate $5 or $500. Every little bit helps.
Thank you for helping to celebrate our 8th anniversary of feeding our future!